Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 66 - Bicycle, Recycling food, Radio!

The bicycle is my new enemy. Ever seen a dying fish? That's me.
Food, as usual on days off involved a super late lunch. Have I
mentioned how much I adore eating simply? Cooked three pieces of buri
with leftover cold soba from the morning, plus made steamed sweet
potatoes. That was so good and easy, I just stayed with it all
day...Swapped the soba for preweighed brown rice and add in a bit of
avocado for my brain cells that I would need for the news reading later.
Lunch spawned a scrumptious bento that I ate in the NHK canteen. I
used to have a constant voice in my head saying 'You must not eat the
same thing for two consecutive meals. You'll get bored'. Now I see
that if I'm eating a mixed plate of protein, carbs, veg then simply
adjusting a couple of things is enough. And there have been times
during these 66 days when I wished every meal was breakfast! Loved
loved loved my breakfast frittata.
Yesterday's big thing was that I did my first live evening news. It
went as well as I could have hoped and when I came home (reluctantly
as I was on an adrenaline high) I made this drink with some of my
evening fruits.
Can you guess what's in it? And here's another question for the PCP-ers who live outside of Asia.

Do you know why that piece of black tableware (it's meant to be a whale!) is so vital for  keeping Asian people at a healthy weight?

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. No clue on the whale from this USA girl!

    My mouth is watering over your fruit smoothie drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... it looks like a chopsticks stand to me but I am asian and I have no idea what this has to do with maintaining a healthy weight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna know!!! Congrats on the live news cast! You tube?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have just read your last several entries, and am so impressed with your progress and dedication. Atta girl! Also no clue about the whale...I also thought it was a chopstick rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chopsticks make you eat less?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys!

    Molly, the fruit smoothie is plain old strawberry, equal amounts LF milk, yoghurt, and an egg white. Ground in black pepper and sprinkled on some cinammon!

    ReplyDelete