Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 79: I heart morning workouts.

Hi gang!

This is coming from NHK's staff canteen surrounded by the smell of ramen, soba, and sushi. I already had my own PCP meal before the 7 pm recording.

Thank you by the way to those who listened either to the Thursday Radio Japan Focus show or the news last night. I'm still quite new to the whole radio thing and I appreciate the encouragement. If you have any critical feedback, that would be awesome too!

Ok, here's the report for Tuesday.

1. Muscle work was a Give My All! Banzai and hurrah! Got into 'form failure' on shoulder presses.V sit ups were tough but satisfying. Enjoyed the shoulder flies which I went at quickly. Rope jumping is all about settling my breathing. Less dillydallying.

2. Nutrition.

I had packed tonight's dinner before getting new diet plans and had to guess an extra 10 g of protein and 20 of carbs. It's such a small amount! Plus the tin of tuna at lunch weighed 65 rather 80 stated on tin after I drained it. Grrr! Ate an extra egg white, bought a tuna egg salad and trust my body will start to recognize a new pattern by tomorrow. I'll weigh out 20 g couscous at home tonight. I don't like guessing carbs...Fruit is weighed and waiting at home! It's some juicy melon... Can't wait. Anyone else happy to end the relationship with the scales!?

3. Sleep!

The biggest favour I did my body was setting a timer for one hour of feeding and relaxing, between getting through the door and getting into bed. Lights out around 10.45, reveille at 5.30 Monday morning. About 6.5 hours, which is a slight debt. Got a seat on train and hunkered down on and of for about 30 min total. Sometimes I try a counting meditation and if I don't sleep then it's rest of sorts. After recording the evening news two weeks ago I was on a big high and found it hard to settle. Need to just take the same approach tonight. Getting it done early sucks at the time but the feeling of freedom is exhilarating. It helped that today, at least, my body is in 'build and repair' mode.


Have you noticed what I have? At this stage of the PCP, the body has just different levels of tired but with flashes of unexpected energy? Take care everyone. We're getting close. And hit the switch as early as you can tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Good work counting sleep as the same level of importance as all the other aspects of training.

    ReplyDelete