Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 78 - First checklist report and a link for the radio

My report from Day 77 (Monday)

1. Only rope jumping for workout, and I got into some good flow. I could have checked my watch less when I tripped. This is wasting time, big time. I did go over into my break set at the final set of three.

2. Kept to grams except for the evening 50 carb snack of 1/2 onigiri which I guessed based on visuals and mouth feel. I don't like doing this! Bought a salad which had cashews in it and ate about 3 and threw rest away. Boo.

3. Sleep. I think I got to sleep before 11.30 on Sunday night and was up at 6.30 on Monday.  So about 7 hours. I felt better on Monday than ages, though still tired!

This morning was STRONG! I am looking forward to telling you about it tomorrow.

--------------------

Heads up - I am reading NHK's radio news tonight  It'll be live in Japan at 1900 and 2100 (JST) and on the web for about 18 hours afterwards. (So you can still listen if you are behind us in the US!)
 

It'll be my second time doing the evening news - I'm covering for someone's vacation I think.

Molly, Kristi, and Paul have kindly asked for the link to my regular show. You can listen online. Feel a bit shy telling you all, but here it is! I just read what I'm given with a few adjustments - it's written originally in Japanese and then translated into English.

Here it is...

Radio Japan Focus each Thursday. Click on this link and scroll to the Thursday show.

Have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Nice one helen. Why don't you post the link up in your blog for those that might want to check it out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen - I just listened to the show from your link. You have the BEST radio voice!!! Talk about dulcet tones. Loved it! Kudos to you for getting up so early and doing a strong workout. I need to get myself sorted and finish these two weeks on a high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm not that dulcet when I work out, I assure you! Good luck this week...you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your voice and accent! :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I love your radio voice!!

    It is soo weird to hear your real voice after reading your blog this whole time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Yeeman! It is so fun to put a voice to the pictures and the "voice" I have been listening to through your blog. I am sure that everyone would be surprised to hear each other!

    You do have the perfect radio voice, even sound, nice cadence, and perfect flow. Fun accent too!!

    I don't feel like I have an accent but I bet most of you would disagree. Since I am from the Northern part or America I have taken on a lot of the slang used there. In addition I like to say fir instead of for, I add "r" into words that don't belong. Like "I have a great idear" Rather than idea. I also leave the T out of most words. Mountains= mounains, Vermont = Vermon, and whatever= whaever. Sad when I think about (abou)how lazy this is :)

    ReplyDelete