Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 12 - A bad night, aching body, and today's plan

Morning everyone.

I never thought I would be using my blog to document an earthquake.

Patrick said to us 'Notice what kind of food you crave when stressed'. Love that he never switches off!

I ate an extra apple,  2 teaspoons of honey, and two small packets of miso, neat when I got home after a cold 11-k walk. After I started moving, the fear went down, being with thousands of people quietly, orderly walking back, calmed me, as did knowing the streets of Tokyo really well from the commutes I've done.

I spoke to my parents on SKYPE at home, then made an earthquake bag, in between looking at the tv and Internet, and, in attempt to restore some 'normalcy', watched Patrick's food video.

Never thought PCPing would become my normal so quick!

I'm going to eat some porridge, digest, then go jump some rope and do my workout.

Let's hope today's a safe one, and thoughts to those coming to terms with loss and damage. Where I am, in the North of Tokyo seems almost totally unaffected.

I'll blog more about what I think of having a healthy strong body in situations like this a bit later.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to be calm for kids - didn't want to scare them, so I ate regular PCP meal with family. Good you could walk back home last night though. We had a couple stayed over because they couldn't go back their home in Saitama as train was not running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are okay Helen. Keep the PCP faith.... Sending warm thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete