Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 17 - The satisfaction of a lousy workout during a crisis

I stumbled through jump ropes. The most I got in a row was about 50 and there were a lot of runs of 3. Please tell me someone else has been there. But the thing is I churned, jumped, dribbled them out in mixture of average to mediocre form. Then back in my room for the upper arm/body work which I love. Still to find a decent pull up bar, and tried with high shelf in my room. I successfully hung and swung. Housten, we have a fat-arse.

Immensely proud that with the exception of low fat milk, which I am substituting with smaller amounts of yogurt (full fat) and soy etc, I am sticking to my grammes. In fact it puts the hoarding and panic buying into perspective.

Spent the day working at home, but all being well tomorrow, I'll get into the office tomorrow, see people, get some work to do at home, and then make it back. If there has been some response to my request for foodstuffs, I'll drop them on my bike at Second Harvest. Tomorrow is another day. I want to be able to look back and say I did the right thing, I made the right decisions. But sometimes you just need to do your best today. Corn-eee! PCP-ing, no matter where you are has got to be a step towards self determination and self control. And that is satisfying.

PCP-ers who remember this stage, any advice? I've had references to good cooks which is ace. Thank you for reading this everyone and a huge shout out to those who are commenting.

GAMBARE!

3 comments:

  1. Helen, I think it is absolutely amazing that you and the folks in Japan are sticking with the program and providing such a great example, to the rest of us and those around you. Make friends with your rope, it gets easier... you will be amazed. The key with food for me is to have it prepped ahead of time, so you don't get stuck and have to settle. Splurge on a few treats if you can find: a decadent fruit, a posh cut of fish, whatever turns you on. And I put raw cocoa in my coffee (but don't tell Patrick). Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts across the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,

    Great work.. I find the skipping comes and goes, mornign where i'll be happy to have 20 in a row, to mornings where i'll get 80... I wish the latter would come more frequently...

    Your blogs are always positive and inspirational for all - Rock On..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Helen - I've been there! Sometimes my body just refuses not to get tangled up in the rope! I must admit though, I'm normally able to complete 6 or 7 sets of 100 with only a couple of trips now. The skipping is my favorite part of the PCP so far. がんばってね!

    ReplyDelete