Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 20 - Making a berimbau in Doutours

Today my teacher Cacapa made my first berimbau (instrument for capoeira) from a piece of bamboo, wire, string, and flower pot. I helped by holding my finger at critical points and places. We made it in the corner of Doutours and NO ONE stopped us. I think next time I will set up a model train set and dare them to stop me.

PCP-ing again saw me fail on the salt. Was carrying around a bag of seaweed with shrimp salt. Felt v. tired and low in the afternoon, and gave in. I don't crave salt 'on food' when I'm cooking my own, but I do sometimes crave salty processed foods. Giving this up is harder than I thought. Other meals were okay, but had an unweighed apple walking home, then weighed a similar one and was amazed at how heavy it was. Ate slightly less of evening fruits to try to balance it out. Should have just weighed and packed it along with my lunch.

Anyone else feel virtuous about having a weighed, packed lunch? Just me?

Exercise was okay with the rope and mediocre with the leg ups. And I am very ready for sleep now!

Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, fruit is so filled with water that it really tips the scales. As you're going through the withdrawal phases from processed foods make sure you don't have any temptations around you. Just that will help a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fridge is a minimalist's wet dream.... No processed nasties, nuffin.

    ReplyDelete