Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 21 - The beginning of a beautiful friendship

I feel like I am a child playing off two parents, the first is the wooden handled rope I started with from the 100 yen shop (Woody) and the second the light pink flashy one (Pinky) from Tokyu Hands.

Remember a few nights back when I had that miserable session? The threes, the fives, the tens? That was with Pinky and I was so disgusted that I cleverly put it somewhere I couldn't find it. I was punishing it...Went back to Woody for a couple of days, got a bit better, into the fifties, eighties, a couple of hundreds. Today was a national holiday and I slept in, then went to see a couple of friends - packed Pinky having found it by my door and wore running shoes. Thought that I would 'sneak the jumps in' somewhere when it stopped raining. Well, got home, and decided to just throw my stuff into the apartment and head out straight away while the rain stopped. Pinky got a second chance with low expectations, and I bashed out an easy 214. There were a couple of runs of 100 and 140 too. If I was being really technical, I'd say wearing my heavier shoes gave me a better rhythm, but whatever, it flowed and I feel really good about it.

Ricky had a breakthrough today as well - congratulations!

Let's rock Week 4!

4 comments:

  1. I have been debating a new jump rope myself.... Maybe it is a good idea to switch them up sometimes and keep 2 around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocking & Rolling... nice one Helen!

    p.s. I totally broke my rope this morning... right down the middle - Weird ! - Obviously it heard my comments yesterday about me owning it ... Payback is a b1tch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on bashing out 214 jumps! I guess Pinky totally redeemed herself ;-)
    Enjoy week 4 and keep up the positivity xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Yes, you must pit the ropes against each other. A little sibling rivalry(and favouritism)is perfectly healthy. I like how you took your rope out with you. Nothing like a few jumps on the run. You're a natural Helen!

    ReplyDelete