Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 6 - PCP-style brunch and a bit of MEH.

Sunday! I got up, skipped, then promptly crashed out on the sofa...Friends over for brunch "We know you're on half rations, but you can have half a glass of mimosa, right?". So I enjoyed a half glass with them, while they polished off the bottle of Cava and OJ. Made Spanish omlette, salad, served wholemeal bread, and stewed apples/blueberries. Got really hungry at the end of the day, and probably had more in the way of evening snacks on fruit, but at least it was fruit.

I read somewhere that it's important to 'plan for pleasure' rather than just hoping you get around to it. So before this craziness started I invested in a pack of 11 tickets to an onsen near me, and I'm thinking of making Sunday my regular day there to recharge.

During any new project there is an optimism phase, then a 'meh' stage, then some failures and learning, then confidence...I think I'm coming into 'meh' and am going to handle it by pretending it isn't there.

A few flamboyant handstands and sassy jingas at tomorrow's capoeira class will sort me out.

Good luck everyone with tomorrow's jumping!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Helen,

    I know what you mean about different phases.. I think I've gone through a few of them already! 500 jumps today.. but no muscle work. And it's raining.. :-( Should be fun, then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did mine in the 'smoking area' of my office. It's an area between the stairwell and main office. Tripped and snarled a bit, but got them done and feel awesome now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen. Thanks for visiting my blog... Yours is great so far. I just wanted to wish you luck! I have always been curious about Capoeria... sounds like fun. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, a bit early for meh, wait till Day 30 for that and then Day 50 for the sheer hatred to kick in.

    ReplyDelete