Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 24 - What some call health, if purchased by continual anxiety about diet, is nothing more than tedious disease

Nice quote from George Denning Prentice there. It sums up a great attitude to food; be relaxed about it. I'm finding PCP food really liberating because I know my limits. That said, I'm still struggling to get LF milk and settling on LF yogurt, and when I can't get that I've tried Yakult, which was a mistake because of the sugar and probable lack of milk! Steamed some oysters this evening with spuds and fried onion/cabbage. It was nice, but next time I'll try to get things really piping hot, which was what I was craving.

Managed to get up earlier today and do all my workout except pullups which were done in the kids playground. I didn't bother 'changing', just got off my bike. Anyone else out there done workout stuff in office clothes? I like mixing things up, and was inspired by Patrick's blog to listen to BBC Radio 7 where you can listen again to radio dramas. Alan Bennett was describing getting beaten up in Italy with his boyfriend and the Italian police dismissing it as a reasonable thing for any red-blooded Italian man. I was doing my pushups. Incongrous? Yes, and I like it. 

Confession - I am a once-a-week announcer at NHK radio and had some training today. It's amazing how much you need to control your breath and emotions with voice work. I hope the PCP exercises will make me better at this. 

After my training I did what I promised Patrick and got a stronger band. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. 

Oyasumi everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment