Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 14 - Great exercise, less than great eating

Today I decided to bike as I had a party to go to (one that I'd organized some time ago) and the train service is decidedly inconsistent in Tokyo. I was really looking forward to the party as it was a chance to chill out a bit after the earthquake and it was to celebrate a really great person's birthday. Anyway, the upshot was that I didn't eat enough veggies, and my protein was entirely processed meat in the form of mini sausages and 1/2 bowl of shepherd's pie. Carbs were a taco shells, bread, veggies were salad. And I had a banana on the bike ride. Not proud of this! My weakness is I think that if I exercise a lot then this 'allows' me to eat more. Which might be true, but you have to do the numbers and even then, it probably doesn't work out as you think. I cycled about 35 k. today, and the rest of the days meals were okay, a couple of salty items appeared. Breakfast was genmai mochi and wholewheat crackers (no doubt salty), and the lunch time fish from Origin Zen Bento takeout had salt on the skin (picked off skin, but salt still there). Sigh! Hope I haven't screwed up. Still, tomorrow is a new week and I can say that until today I have kept to the grams pretty well. I'll need to be on it harder, more planning in advance. I think that if I had asked for some advice about the meal, I'd have done better. Live and learn eh?

On the positive side - I said 'no' when asked if I wanted free pizza at lunch time. And I sucked it up and told the restaurant staff that I really didn't want cheesecake. And drink was a mineral water. So I have the willpower muscles. I just need to flex them harder and plan smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment