Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 19 - Nadie te quita lo balido (Nobody can take away what you've danced)

This was my mid-morning snack! Yum. 
Sent a mail to family saying that unless four horsemen were knocking at my door for me, that they should not ring me first thing in the morning to check I was alive. So I got some decent sleep and had a decent session jumping. I like the round numbers! 

All my meals were late and this was deliberate countermeasures for a party for a wonderful Brazilian guy Bolinha, who is going back to Rio (This was planned pre-quake.) Those of you who know the magic words 'Tabehodai/nomehodai' will understand why I needed a substantial lunch. I managed to get through the unlimited food, drink, and icecream no problem. Sipped on oolong tea and enjoyed dancing and socializing. IT'S REALLY NOT THAT HARD. There was a street roda (free capoeira) on the streets of Kichijioji and drunken members of the public tried to join in. People neither look or smell good when drunk. I really like that my new 'tribe' of capoeiristas (and PCPers) either abstain or drink in moderation. It's a good feeling to enjoy being alive, here, and with your friends. Alcohol of course brings something, but it also takes away something too. I see a lot of PCP-ers talking about highs of exercise and good food and I'm looking forward to those. 

I do find giving up salt pretty miserable and today consumed a pack of seaweed with prawn salt and loved it. Patrick, WHY? Am I just a salty character?

My body is responding to the stress of the last week in it's usual way by getting a throat bug. And the stress of exercise too - so glad tomorrow is national holiday in Japan! Okay, off to do today's (Sunday's) floor work. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Helen - keep it up there. I am in Tokyo too. Email me if you have questions: especially where to source PCP food if you're running out. I could not get milk here so did via amazon Japan - believe it or not. Online shopping is working - get it delivered. Salt pangs will go away: I used to use it on everything. Have not used it for 65 days.. you will get used to it and begin enjoying even the subtle tastes of food.

    Keep it up: no giving in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot of us got sick at the beginning... hope you kick the throat thing.

    ReplyDelete