Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 33 - Sass and sleep

Went to an onsen this afternoon and ended up SLEEPING for at least an
hour. I usually enjoy the waters, change into the onsen issue PJs and
eat or chill with a book. Today I headed straight for the darkened
sleeping room which is a bit Orwellian really - lots of recliners,
ornamental fossils lit up with pinks lights, canned birdsong, and the
sound of about fifty people sleeping. My leg muscles and shoulder
muscles really felt better after a rest. I did feel a bit middle-aged
though!

Felt amused and angered in the changing room was a video ad for an
exercise machine. One that moves your body so you get 'toned' without
breaking a sweat. 'It's just like running!' 'So easy!' shrieked the
voice while a woman beams at the camera. This is backassbackwards and
plays on peoples' fear and laziness. I'm glad I have a routine now,
even if it's hurting.

The capoeira class didn't happen but the sassy girl class was full on
two hours. Again struck by difference between my reps - numbered,
uniform, tending to fail towards the end and the musicality,
contrasts, and cleaner execution of dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment