Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 35 (4.4) - Feta Fetish

I had cheese for the first time all project... Just a little feta,
creamy speckles in a Greek salad. Picked them out with chopsticks and
arranged them in a (ahem) scattered formation on my brown rice bread.
It was pretty lovely especially when I toasted them. I don't know what
will happen with the new diet plan tomorrow, so I really savoured two
whole slices. Did well to use only a teaspoon of dressing,
less well to eat the clusters of cranberries in the salad. Can't
believe this is the person who ate 12 dried figs in one go a year ago.
It's odd that I both want and don't want to be someone who is happy
with less.

In other news, I repeated the 300 jumps from yesterday and other runs
were about 250, a couple of clear 150s. Muscles and nervous system,
plus breathe came together under the sakura today. For this, I have to
thank my friend, sleep. Going to bed when I still have a bit buzzing
in my head is so boring at the time - I used to want to read or
whatever for ages until I was struggling to stay awake. Now I assume
sleep isn't far off.

Good sleep is vital not just for our physical training but for a clear
mind, imagination, and confidence. All things for we want at our peak.

To a strong Week 6!

2 comments:

  1. Oh cheese... how I miss you. It will certainly be a part of my next indulgence. Cheese and something sweet.

    Go week 6 Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on sleep; very wise. Ditto on figs; I could easily crack a dozen in one go. Sounds like you are being very mindful about all your choices. You will go far. Dig deep!

    ReplyDelete