Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 37 - The REAL workout is in the kitchen

This is a quickie as I should be in bed!

Prepared a lot of food this evening as tomorrow night is capoeira, plus time in the studio and the office. Tomorrow night is a late class - so time for cooking will be cut short. I find myself fighting the tendency to 'store' bits of food for interesting but as yet unknown combinations in the future. It's better just to chop/steam everything! Kitchen and fridge space is working out better as I'm spending more time on this.

Whoever said 'the real workout is in the kitchen' was dead right!

Morning exercise seems a looong time ago now, but I'm playing around with the bands and feeling where the burn is better these days. Jumping was this evening and I had a few bursts of levitation-like jumping where you don't hear the rope on the floor. Just a whizz and a hum.

In other news, I read the news on NHK radio for the first time today. It'll just be once a fortnight, but it's live, and I'm going to need good breath control. I'm excited to have PCP-ing and something in my career come together so well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the workout is in the kitchen!!!! Cdn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes a battle between my kitchen and my head.... congratulations on your broadcast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's not just the 'cooking' but the weighing, storing, remembering where it all is.

    ReplyDelete