Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 52 - Feeding time, fun in the park, and bowing out of capoeira


Again, I'm astounded at how long preparing food takes when you are
weighing everything. Last night I decided to jump rope, 'do a bit of
prep' and then think about biking down to the onsen. Did this happen?
Did it heck!

Two and a half hours, a bag of veggies, eggs, milk, yogurt, a pot of
said eggs, boiled, veggies chopped for the nori roll this evening, a
cinammon salmon veggie omlette cooked for this am, plus actually
eating my evening rations (love AMAYL veggies).... Made it to local
(sento) bathouse just to get away from the sight of food!

Enjoyed a moving Radio 4 play while puttering in the kitchen. I adore radio drama!

-----

Today's been hard. I did everything early today, by 9. All except the Kung Fu situps before leaving for the studio - including packing food for tonight. Now it's close to capoeira time, my energy is very low and I just want to be transported home with no need for walks or subways or bike rides. Sorry to whine, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This is the kind of thing that gets me - I expect tiredness midworkout, but knackered during the day is a drag. Must be in the shredding stage of muscle growth, huh?

My friend, Joy, took some photos this afternoon in a local park. They probably give a completely false account of how much energy I have!



Start of a pull-up?


No, it's a Kung Fu sit up!


Kids behind scared I'll clock them! Wisely, they beat a hasty retreat...



Note pointed toes and scary face! Now let's see if this elephant will take my weight...

Pass on that one I think.




Elephant breathes a sigh of relief!

-----


Only one day till the weekend and then Indulgence, Sass, and Japanese Grandmother!

I think the capoeira tonight might just be sacrificed for sleep because the class finishes at 10.15 which won't bring me home until 11.30. This is a bit annoying, but in the grand scheme, it's no biggie. And Roald Dahl's short stories for adults are on Radio 4 too.

6 comments:

  1. We're getting to the point now where PCP plus Capoeira is going to be putting a strain on your body. You need to make sure you're sleeping well the night before and after you Capoeira days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Patrick said.... I had to give up diving the last two weeks due to how tired I was. I am missing it!! I know I get it back though, I haven't traded my nights out dancing yet! Maybe next weekend I pick diving over shaking my money maker!

    Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance - couldn't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention the little boy saying, "Sugoi!" in frank admiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That adjective also means 'Scary, get out of the way...'

    ReplyDelete