Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 51 - Anticipaaaaaa-tion

I'm feeling much better after better sleep, some fantastic food if I
say so myself, and ....drum roll... The Second Indulgence. I visited
La Bess (near Ikebukuro), the Alice in Wonderland-esque cake shop of the delicious cream cheese ball from Indulgence 1. I asked the owner to stand by with X confection for Saturday. You can
see it in the cabinet - though I hope she makes a fresh one for the
weekend. Can you guess which treat is The Chosen One?  Here's a hint - as we get more calories to play with and it's on the small side, I'll be pairing it with a matcha taiyaki. 

Taiyaki, is a kind of grilled pancake, usually with adzuki beans in the middle, and in the shape of a fish. I guess it hits peoples' desire for crispy and greasy. I adore the grease, the fat, the chewy texture of these things, and there is a stand selling these babies a short walk from my place. The matcha should be compliment The Chosen One; if you recall from a few weeks back, I went to a party and watched with envy as people enjoyed matcha icecream.

I've even thought about the timing of eating them...a couple of bites of the taiyaki while it's hot, then get it home and eat the rest with The Chosen One. 

Am I overthinking this? Probably. But recently, I've been kept SO busy prepping/cooking/eating/clearing up that I don't feel like I am eating, let alone 'dining'. If I'm honest, the word that best describes it is 'feeding'.


Is anyone else anticipating the pleasure of Indulgence 2?

6 comments:

  1. Taiyaki.... mmmm, my favorite is from Naniwaya in Azabu Juban:
    http://www.azabujuban.or.jp/shop/food/1403.html
    Their shaved ice in summer is the best seasonal treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENJOY!!!! The anticipation is almost as fun as eating it! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing it's the one with the berries or custard on top! That'd go well with the taiyaki! If it were me I'd have something chocolatey but since I can't see anything brown on the pic I'm guessing that's out of the question. Mmmm you're making my mouth water just thinking about our treat. Stop it! Ok Enjoy it Helen u deserve it !!! Ps let me know If I guessed right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally going for savory... Alfredo pasta and some wine. Maybe a bite of something chocolate after. The pasta sauce will take up most of my calories so I have to be careful. MMMMM cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like we are all looking forward to it!
    I'll let you know on Saturday what it was...

    ReplyDelete